Yesterday evening, Protiviti had the honor of attending Consulting magazine’s 1st Annual “Excellence in Social and Community Investment Awards Ceremony” to receive an award for our Inaugural U.S. Intern Day of Service, which occurred on July 11, 2014. I had the privilege to be able to attend this event on behalf of the Campus Recruiting Team, and it was very inspiring to hear all the amazing work that companies within our industry are doing with not-for-profit organizations.
There to accept the award was our CEO, Joe Tarantino, who spoke about our dedication as a firm to social responsibility. You may not know, but the name Protiviti was formed by combining some of the core values that are most important to the Protiviti family: professionalism, productivity, proactivity, objectivity, creativity, integrity, quality, and last but certainly not least responsibility! Joe elaborated on our commitment to social responsibility and our continual efforts as firm to get involved further with our communities.
Joe Tarantino, CEO, accepting the award
from Consulting magazine.
We are very proud to have received this award and would like to thank all our employees, Summer 2014 Interns, and many of our clients for participating in our U.S. Intern Day of Service. As part of this effort, Protiviti offices spent a day giving back to their communities. The outcome was truly amazing and the experience was simply incredible. Across 26 offices, we had 490 employees involved in increments throughout the day, providing up to a total of 1,308 hours! We have previously highlighted these projects independently on our blog, but wanted to provide you with a consolidated list of the multiple projects our offices assisted with on July 11, 2014.
· Atlanta – Books for Africa
· Boston – Cradles to Crayons
· Charlotte – Freedom School Jubilee
· Chicago – Umoja
· Cincinnati & Indianapolis – Gleaner’s Food Shelter
· Cleveland – Ronald McDonald House
· Dallas – ADVANCE Dallas
· DC Metro – Ronald McDonald House
· Denver – Denver Parks & Recreation
· Ft. Lauderdale – American Lung Association Beach Clean Up
· Houston – 82nd Airborne Division
· Kansas City – Ozanam
· Los Angeles – Beach Clean Up
· Minneapolis – Loaves & Fishes
· New York – Meals on Wheels
· Orlando – Second Harvest Food Bank
· Philadelphia – Philabundance
· Phoenix – Feed My Starving Children
· Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh Park Clean Up
· Richmond – James River Park System
· Salt Lake City – The Good Samaritan Project
· San Francisco/Bay Area – Project Open Hand
· Seattle – Community Lunch
· St. Louis – Making Blankets for Cancer Patients
· Tampa – Ronald McDonald House
Again, we’d like to thank everyone at Protiviti for your help in making the 1st Annual U.S. Intern Day of Service a success and we look forward to continuing to make an impact in 2015!